In-person FolkActive Dances are back!
Dances at Freemantle Community Centre restart on October 13th and will run monthly on the second Wednesday of the month.
Our Zoom dances are continuing too, so if you’re not ready to dance in person yet or if you live too far away you can still dance at home on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Visit the Online FolkActive Dances page for more information.
Dances with live music for over 50s
Come and meet new people, keep active and learn some simple folk dances to suit all levels of activity. All sessions have live music from members of Jigfoot and a caller to guide you through the dances which are selected and adapted to allow for reduced contact. In breaks from the dancing there are songs to enjoy. Have fun, get fitter and make new friends!
Under 50s are welcome too, and there’s no need to book in advance, but please read and abide by these restrictions which are designed to keep each other safe:
- We are asking all participants to be double vaccinated and to take a lateral flow test in the previous 24 hours. Please contact us in advance if this could cause problems for you. Please stay at home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or you feel unwell.
- Please enter the hall using the door that opens onto the car park.
- When you sign in you will need to leave a phone number for NHS Track and Trace: details will only be kept for 21 days.
- We will have windows open for ventilation so bring a jumper if it’s chilly!
- You may choose to wear a face mask but this is not a requirement.
- We will not be serving refreshments so please bring your own.
Entry £5 per session
In-person dances are every second Wednesday of the month (except August)
from 2.00 pm to 3.30pm
Join the FolkActive Dances mailing list for monthly reminders